Product Marketing & Management Executive
Over 10 years’ experience driving strategic growth and product visibility for leading nonprofit, corporate, media and educational organizations. Highly competitive, passionate, persuasive and articulate, able to achieve results others believed to be impossible. Experienced in marketing, public relations, partnership building and product management.
Demonstrated success record in:
- Branding, managing and positioning product lines.
- Distilling value, overcoming objections and securing hard to close deals.
- Experienced with both ad agency and direct sales strategies and tactics for television and radio.
- Designing creative product marketing campaigns targeted at traditional and on-line universities.
- Motivating staff to peak performance levels.
- Proven record of initiative and success in ad campaign management, C-level relationship development, writing, and project management within environments from small projects to large-scale television networks and production companies.
- Ad Campaign Management · Multi-media Marketing · Account Development
- Market Research · Competitive/Strategic Planning · Budgeting/ Forecasting
- Prospecting/ Client Cultivation · Direct Mail Marketing · Cluster Sales / Packaging
HIGHLIGHTED CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS
- Revenue Generation – Within two years, generated nearly $5 million in revenue for WTHR-TV.
- Account Development – Reactivated inactive accounts for NBC television affiliate in Fort Wayne, IN, and secured one of the year’s largest advertising package commitments.
- Market Penetration – As a Creative Service Manager for Ball State University, increased enrollment applications by an unprecedented 20% within one year.
· Effective Marketing – Increased museum attendance 37% and revenues 24% over previous year’s figures for Conner Prairie Living History Museum.
- Within two years, generated nearly $5 million in business revenue.
- Increased account list revenue by 46% from $1.3Million to $1.9 Million within one year.
- Generate sales through agency and direct clients.
- Work closely with clients to identify their needs and challenges and provide solutions-oriented campaign themes and timelines. Revamped a client’s marketing calendar and helped generate the largest record of sales in the company’s history.
- Examine ratings, research data, market share information and analyze programming features of station vs. competition to insure sales plans are effective and strategic.
- Utilized strong ability to sell marketing ideas, strategies and tactics to help clients increase market share, and generate new business; sold special marketing opportunities including 2004 Summer Olympics ($150,000 per package).
- Created special sports packages, Operation Basketball, Operation Football and TrackTeam13 sponsorships.
- Sold specialized packages to a wide variety of clients including universities, major auto dealers and financial institutions.
SILKEN MCMAHON ENGLAND ADVERTISING, Indianapolis, Indiana 1995 – 2000
Quickly accelerated through the ranks based on proven campaign management, sales-team leadership, strategic planning and new market development skills.
Senior Account Executive, 02/99 to 12/02
- Promoted to manage a $3.5 marketing budget and served as an account team leader.
- Led a staff of 5-6, including art directors, media buyers, account coordinators and billing.
- Represented agency to clients; developed and recommended marketing programs; developed new accounts; reactivated dormant client relations, deepened and broadened C-level and long term relationships.
- Managed advertising campaigns from cradle to grave; clients included Bank One Education Finance, Ball State University, Fifth Third Bank, Community Hospitals, The Indiana Heart Hospital, Conner Prairie non profit organization, Indianapolis Chamber of Commerce, WTHR-TV, and a national campaign for the United Methodist Church.
- Chairperson of the Operations Committee, charged with identifying and analyzing internal and external issues affecting the agency and developing solutions to address gaps.
Creative Services Manager/Account Executive, 01/98 to 02/99
- Agency broadcast producer for Ball State University, St. Vincent’s Hospital, the national United Methodist Church and other clients.
Account Coordinator/Executive Assistant, 10/95 to 01/98
- Account Coordinator for St. Vincent’s Hospital account; assisted the agency president; managed advertising intern program; planned special events; supervised staff of three.